Gotta admit, I’m LUCKY to live in L.A.
I can RUN ALONG THE BEACH any time I want –
I can BLAST MY MUSIC whenever I’m in my car –
and the weather is pretty RAD.
But let’s face it –
People tend to come down with “gridlock crabbiness” –
Being an Actor isn’t all it’s cracked up to be –
And there must be something more interesting to talk about than Box Office or who the next American Idol Judges will be.
Things that bug me this week and it’s only Monday –
- Non-stop news alerts about how well the DARK KNIGHT RISES is doing despite the tragedy (WRONG on so many levels!)
- Too many trucks blocking my street (HONK! HONK!)
- Carmageddon – Will it EVER be over? (me no think so!)
- And what’s happened to MANNERS?? Today I try to help this kid at the carwash who forgot his wallet and instead of saying “thanks” he says, “But I’m leaving for Italy for two weeks and don’t want to worry about paying you back.” Whaaaa? (are MANNERS extinct?)
Things that make me happy this week –
- Can’t wait to see RUBY SPARKS– opening July 25 (a labor of love by Zoe Kazan and Paul Dano who love each other – SWEET!)
- The sunny SUN is out and the SKY is Paul-Newman-blue. (NICE!)
- Sorkin’s HBO THE NEWSROOM — just keeps getting better and better and I always have a lump in my throat at the end of each episode (yes, it’s that GOOD!)
- Fall clothes are starting to come out and even though I can’t afford them, I love Fall clothes! (time to clean out my closet and Ebay!)
- There are AWESOME PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITS happening in our city: “WHO SHOT ROCK & ROLL” at the Annenberg Space for Photography and the ‘HERB RITTS RETROSPECTIVE” at the Getty (and they’re FREE!)
And I’m starting to read and hear about early pilot pick-ups and deals-in-the-making. So… hope and opportunity seem to be right around the corner. As far as the traffic goes, I guess I’ll just start leaving an hour earlier. And as for Box Office, if I were in a hit movie right now, I’d probably care too.